Our three strategic goals are:
- Profitable smallholder value chains
- Conducive agricultural policies
- Enhanced capacity for knowledge management
Smallholders need profitable value chains; the development of profitable value chains requires supportive agricultural policies; and both are boosted by improved knowledge management.
To make this possible, CTA has organised its activities under two operational programmes:
- Policies, Markets, and Information & Communication Technologies (PMI)
- Knowledge Management and Communication (KMC)
The PMI and KMC programmes are supported by a unit devoted to promoting organisational learning and effective monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment (LME).
CTA works closely with a larger number of ACP partners to achieve its projects. These partnerships can be medium or longer term arrangements. Learn more about opportunities to partner with CTA.