Central to achieving our mission is our valued partnerships with ACP national and regional bodies. We also work with a wide network of ACP-EU public and private sector bodies as well as international organisations around the world.
Our mission, vision and core values are at the heart of our organisation. They inspire our people, underpin our decisions and motivate our actions.
CTA’s mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and support sound natural resource management through information, communication and knowledge management, multi-stakeholder engagement, capacity-building and empowerment of agricultural and rural development organisations and networks in ACP countries.
CTA seeks to be the partner of choice for individuals and organisations aspiring to empower agricultural and rural communities in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific with the knowledge and skills they need to fight hunger and increase prosperity.
Our Core Values
Commitment to Development
- CTA is committed to sustainable development, increasing prosperity and improving the wellbeing of agricultural and rural populations in ACP countries in a cost-effective and environmentally friendly manner
- CTA will listen to its partners and respond to their needs
- CTA strives for excellence, transparency and accountability in all its projects and to all its stakeholders
- CTA is committed to serving as an honest broker by bringing together, and facilitating communication among, different stakeholders to achieve sustainable solutions for agriculture and rural development challenges in ACP countries
- CTA will demonstrate a high level of accountability to its supervisory authorities, partners and beneficiaries
- CTA will adhere to a high level of professional and ethical integrity in discharging its duties
Empowering communities and groups
- CTA will strive to empower the individuals, groups, organisations and networks with whom it works, while respecting the richness and diversity of their voices, by enabling them to build and strengthen their capacities and become self-reliant
- CTA will promote gender balance and enhance the involvement of youth in its programmes and partnership arrangements
CTA was established in 1983
Director: Michael Hailu (2010 - present)
Working in 78 ACP countries
Funded by the European Union
Focus on policy processes, value chains, information, communication and knowledge management