RUFORUM is registered in Uganda as a Not-for-Profit limited company and is currently in the process of registering as an International Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO). It has a mandate to oversee graduate training and networks of specialization in the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) countries.
Our Strategic Objectives
- Train a critical mass of Masters and PhD graduates, who are responsive to stakeholder needs and national/regional development goals
- Develop collaborative research and training facilities that achieve economies of scope and scale
- Increase the participation and voice of women in agricultural research, production and marketing
- Improve the adaptive capacities of universities to produce high quality and innovative training, research and outreach activities that can contribute to policy and development practice
- Increase the use of technology to support effective, decentralized learning and the sharing of knowledge
- Mainstream new approaches within university teaching and research that emphasizes quality, innovation, and impact across the agriculture sector's full value chain
- Create a dynamic regional platform for policy advocacy, coordination, and resource mobilization for improved training, research and outreach by universities.