The values to guide and govern the functioning and operations of the Commission are:
- Respect for diversity and team work;
- Think Africa above all;
- Transparency and accountability;
- Integrity and impartiality;
- Efficiency and professionalism; and
- Information and knowledge sharing.
The Commission will endeavour to fulfil its Mission by developing clear goals and strategies. The values indicated above will constitute the basis on which the AUC will achieve its Mission. They will also encourage the development of a service culture for the entire organization.
The Commission will be guided by the following principles:
- Subsidiarity and complementarity with other Organs, Member States and RECs;
- Results orientation, feasibility and impact focus;
- Close coordination and cooperation with the RECs;
- Coherence of policies and programmes; and
- A networking approach that takes advantage of available resources through other players.
Guided by these values and principles, the Commission will endeavour to achieve its Mission through implementation of clear goals and strategies and by committing the requisite resources for effective discharge of its mandate. This would require the AUC presenting specific proposals to give full effect to its texts, and bring new possibilities and benefits to the citizens of Africa.