Under the guidance and supervision of the relevant ICT4D Programme Coordinator, the intern will perform the following tasks:
a) Supporting the implementation of the ARDYIS project and other youth related tasks:
- Animation of the projects web 2.0 spaces (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and website, notably by sharing agricultural opportunities as well as ICT for agriculture opportunities;
- Facilitation of youth exchanges on those issues, notably through the management of the project mailing lists;
- Assistance for the organization of the second edition of the Youth in Agriculture Blog Competition (YoBloCo Awards)
- Assistance for the management of the SOFIA project;
- Assistance for the organization of other youth activity implementation (publications, workshop, training, etc.)
- Contribution to reporting and evaluations.
b) Contribution to other ICT for development activities:
- Support for the implementation of activities on ICTs in agricultural value chains;
- Assistance for the organization of web2.0 training
- Other tasks as requested by the supervisor or the Programme Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recent graduate, 22-29 years of age;
- Graduate from university or a similar institution of higher education in agriculture, sociology, information and communication or related field;
- Knowledge of ICT for development and agricultural development issues;
- Experience in website update; the knowledge of the Content Management System Joomla is a plus but not mandatory (training can be provided to the intern);
- Familiarity with African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries is a plus;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the Centre's two working languages (French or English) and a satisfactory knowledge of the other working language of the Centre;
- Strong computer skills;
- Excellent communications, interpersonal skills and organizational skills;
- National of either one European Union member state or of one of the 78 ACP states.
- Start date: November 2013;
- Duration: 6 months (renewable once);
- Location: Wageningen, The Netherlands;
- Medical coverage is provided for the duration of the internship;
- International travel, if required, will not be covered by CTA;
- Internship stipend.
Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at the international level.
Qualifying candidates are invited to forwardbefore 31 August 2013.
- One-page motivational letter explaining why he/she qualifies for this position;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Scanned copies of academic qualifications;
- Two letters of recommendations and / or references.
Pascal DeleuCTA - Head of Administration & Human Resource Department (Acting)Ref. HRDPO Box 3806700 AJ WageningenTel: +31 (0) 317 467100The NetherlandsEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidatesshould submit the documents listed above email@example.com(with copy firstname.lastname@example.org) and enter the following text in the email subject field:[ict4d internship application].
More information on CTA: