Agriculture and nutrition: A common future presents a framework for joint action by the European Commission, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Development (CTA) and the World Bank Group to promote agriculture for improving nutrition outcomes. It lays out how the four organisations will align their efforts to deliver concrete actions that make a difference to those most affected by malnutrition.
The framework identifies three strategic priorities that the partners will address through their joint efforts:
- Enhancing resource mobilisation and political commitment to strengthen the link between food and agricultural systems and nutrition
- Scaling up proven nutrition-sensitive food and agriculture interventions at country level
- Increasing knowledge and evidence to maximise the impact of food and agricultural systems on nutrition.
- Framework for joint action "Agriculture and nutrition: A common future”
- Presentation of the framework by CTA’s Director, Michael Hailu, at CN2 Conference in November, 2014 http://ow.ly/EFDZQ
- To learn more about the framework, watch FAO's webcast of the CN2 Side-event on Agricultural Policies and Food Systems for Improved Nutrition and scroll to 36:53.
- FAO publication "Food and nutrition in numbers"