The main purpose of the meeting was to establish areas of cooperation between CTA and the region's intergovernmental organisations. More specifically, this meant:
- confirming CTA's willingness to work in close collaboration with the three intergovernmental organisations and discussing the technical aspects of this collaboration with regard to the priorities for action in the region;
- enabling CTA to familiarise itself with the other initiatives in progress in the sub-region and identifying possible synergies in the implementation of its regional business plan for West Africa;
- synergising CTA's activities with the initiatives and programmes in progress in the Sahel region and West Africa;
- agreeing on cooperative areas and actions to promote the collaboration between CTA and the intergovernental organisations;
- preparing a checklist combined with a road map for implementing the cooperative actions.
The meeting closed with the production of a draft joint Aide-mémoire which, once finalised and approved, will be used as a working document for the collaboration between CEDAO, UEMOA, CILSS and CTA.