'Investing in a Food Secure Future' is a conference organised by the Government of the Netherlands, the African Union and the European Commission and set to take place on 4, 5 and 6 July 2016 in Noordwijk, the Netherlands. The conference will have a two-day experts' segment followed by a High-Level Ministerial segment on the third day to give political orientations to improve AU-EU agricultural cooperation and build on previous international efforts and existing structures. It will focus on the following five themes:
- Climate-Smart Agriculture; click here for paper.
- Reducing Food Losses and Waste; click here for paper.
- Improving Market Access, regionally and internationally; click here for paper.
- Increasing Responsible Private Investment in Sustainable Agriculture; click here for paper.
- Science & Innovation for Development; click here for paper.
The conference will result in a strong and lasting partnership of AU and EU Ministers of Agriculture on the main themes of cooperation. To accelerate the implementation of relevant agreements and actions as well as to strengthen the cooperation with private sector, especially through private public partnerships.
Isolina Boto, CTA Manager of the Brussels Office, will participate as a moderator of the working group session III on improved market access, which is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 5 July 2016, between 10:00 and 12:00.
For further details, download the background note.