1. About CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA's envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
2. Internship background
CTA is looking for highly motivated and result-oriented interns to support the Agribusiness team.
Central to achieving CTA's mission are CTA's valued partnerships with ACP national and regional bodies. CTA also works with a wide network of ACP-EU public and private sector bodies as well as international organisations around the world.
One of CTA's three strategic goals is to support priority agricultural value chains in ACP regions that contribute to food and nutritional security and poverty reduction. In addition, CTA is also implementing projects on Market Information Systems (MIS) and Value Chain Finance.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Agribusiness team members, the intern will assist in the following activities:
- Content support to event organisation;
- Support to the organisation of awareness-raising policy dialogues, training sessions, etc;
- Provision of inputs to the draft of concept notes and Terms of References;
- Provision of technical inputs for the editing and production of publications/reports;
- Collection, identification of results and impact elements on all activities implemented;
- Contribution to proposal development.
4. Qualifications, experience and skills required
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- Master degree (from university or similar institution of higher education) in business administration, finance, agricultural economics or other disciplines relevant to the duties to perform.
- First work experience in Agribusiness would be a plus.
- Deepened knowledge of key agribusiness issues.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
- Keen interest in agricultural and rural development issues in developing countries is an advantage.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for the holder of a Bachelor's degree, € 1,000 per month for the holder of a Master's degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
6. How to apply
Qualifying candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the 'Subject' of the email the title 'Internship Agribusiness – Technical Support (Profile 2)'.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA's activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in the EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- A letter of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.