1. About CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA's envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
2. Internship background
CTA is looking for highly motivated and result-oriented interns to support the ICT4Ag team.
The successful candidate will support ICT for agriculture and Youth Entrepreneurship initiatives and in the framework of CTA's Global ICT project, selected Regional projects and other initiatives.
Under the guidance and supervision of the ICT4Ag team leader, the intern will assist in the following activities:
- Identification of innovative opportunities within the field of remote sensing and smart agriculture;
- Preparation and evaluation of calls for grant proposals;
- Technical support for young entrepreneurs partnering with CTA ;
- Assisting in managing on-field operations, training, studies etc;
- Initial review of consultants reports and recommendations for action;
- Assist in identification and documentation of success stories;
- Carrying out desk research on topics as and when required;
- Gathering and processing data for M&E purposes;
- Consolidating reports from implementing partners for M&E purposes;
- Communicating and reporting on project activities via selected social media including project websites;
- Perform other tasks as requested by the team leader.
4. Qualifications, experience and skills required
- National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- Recent graduate, between 21 and 29 years old (maximum).
- University degree (or similar institution of higher education) in agriculture, social sciences or any other discipline relevant to the duties to perform.
- Knowledge and some experience with monitoring & evaluation.
- Knowledge of remote sensing.
- Knowledge of key ICT4D issues.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
- Experience in project management is a plus.
- Keen interest in agricultural and rural development issues in developing countries is an advantage.
- Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
- Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for the holder of a Bachelor's degree, € 1,000 per month for the holder of a Master's degree).
- Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
- Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
6. How to apply
Qualifying candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email address: email@example.com
Please indicate in the 'Subject' of the email the title 'Internship ICT4Ag – Technical & M&E support (Profile 2)'.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page) explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA's activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in the EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- A letter of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.