Youth Leveraging Agricultural Research, Technology and Innovation to Grow Agribusiness
The main objective of this session is to discuss how youth are, and can better leverage Agricultural Research, Technology and Innovation to Grow Agribusinesses and improve at the same time their livelihoods opportunities.
Organisers: AfDB, AWARD, SACAU and CTA
Date: Monday 4th September 2017
Time/ Duration: 16:00-17:30
Venue: African Development Bank HQ Auditorium, Abidjan
SYMPOSIA: Creating Jobs and Promoting Entrepreneurship towards Food Security in the 21st Century
Date: Wednesday 6th September 2017
Time/ Duration: 15:00-18:00
Venue: Salle de Fetes I, Sofitel Hotel
Michael Hailu, CTA Director is a panelist on this session. Other panelists include:
- Mr. Sambou Coly, Program Manager, Finacial Inclusion, Mastercard Foundation Ms. Tacko Ndiaye, Senior Officer for Gender, Equality and Rural Development, FAO Africa Region
- Mr. Simeon Ehui, Manager, Agriculture Global Practice for Africa, World Bank
- Ms. Awa Caba, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Sooretul
The Digital Revolution and African Agriculture
Harnessing the Digital Revolution for Agricultural Transformation AGRF Talks on Big Data, ICT, Geo Spatial Technology and The Future of Farming in Africa
The objective of this session is to take stock of current investments in the digital technologies for the agricultural sector and have a deeper discussion on what success looks like for the sector 5 years into the future.
It will also serve as an Awards Ceremony for the CTA Pitch AgriHack competition that seeks to accelerate e-entrepreneurship for improved food security.
Organisers: AGRA and CTA
Time/ Duration: 10.30am – 12.00 noon (1.5 hours)
Venue: Salle de Fêtes 1 and 2
Next Generation Agriculture Fair
AGRF Youth in Agriculture Fair and B2B Platform (participants – 70).
This session should foster business relationships and opportunities between youth agripreneurs and companies and business service providers.
This activity involved 3 sub-activities: an exhibition, a plenary session and a B2B Session.
Organisers: AFDB, CTA, AGRA, FAO, etc.
Date: Tuesday: 05 September 2017
Agripreneur Exhibition: 13:00-15:00
14 tables for Youth Agripreneurs to exhibit their products e.g. cassava flour, shea butter, pumpkin products, services such as ICTs, financial, etc.
Plenary Session: 15:00-16:00
Essentials and Opportunities for Youth Agripreneurs to Build a Successful Business (product, skills, finance)
Moderator: Ishmael Sunga, CEO, SACAU
Keynote: Amadou Fall, President, National Basketball Association (NBA) Africa
- Tony Nsanganira, Youth Employment Programme, FAO
- Awa Caba, CEO Sooretul
- Alex Ariho, CEO, African Agribusiness Incubation Network (AAIN)
- Michael O'Gorman, CEO, Exim Global
- Joao Bosco Monte, President, Brazil Africa Institute
16:00–16:30 Coffee/Tea Break
B2B Session: 16:30-18:00
Forging alliances and engaging on how to do business
- 14 tables (7 for youth and 7 for business service providers)
- Youth tables (7) - youth already running businesses e.g. AECF grantees, Agri-Hack businesses, FarmDrive, MAHWI, etc.
- Business service providers (7) – e.g. CTA, AfDB, AAIN, AECF, IGD, GAAAP, AWARD, FAO, CTA, MCF, IGD, etc.