1. ABOUT CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture.
CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
2. INTERNSHIP BACKGROUND
CTA has an opening for an intern within the Knowledge Management & Communication (KMC) Programme. The successful candidate will report to and work with the Associate Programme Coordinator Web Content Management for tasks related to digital content management. He/she will report to and work with the Programme Coordinator Web for tasks related to metrics. He/she will also interact strongly with other colleagues in charge of communications and marketing.
3. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance and supervision of the Programme Coordinator Web and the Associate Programme Coordinator Web Content Management, the intern will carry out the following activities:
a) Support the Web Content Manager in publishing web updates and maintaining editorial master calendars;
b) Write and edit content as needed;
c) Search for content published by CTA and partners as background and reference material;
d) Define appropriate metrics and gather the relevant quantitative and qualitative data to assess content performance (mainly on websites and newsletters);
e) Prepare periodic and campaign-based monitoring reports.
4. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Recent graduate, between 22 and 29 years old (maximum).
• National of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp - and the European Union Member States).
• University degree in web communication, digital content management, digital media, or any other discipline relevant to the duties to perform.
• Experience in writing for the web, online publishing (including image editing) and digital content management is preferred.
• Experience in analysis of data relating to online digital media is preferred.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
• Keen interest in agricultural and rural development issues in developing countries is an advantage.
• Participation in CTA activities will give you an invaluable experience at international level.
• Internship stipend (€ 800 per month for holder of a Bachelor's degree, € 1,000 per month for holder of a Master's degree).
• Payment of travel costs when joining and leaving the Centre.
• Medical coverage for emergency cases of sickness and accident, for the duration of the internship.
6. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate in the 'Subject' of the email the title 'Internship Web Content Management'.
Deadline for applications: 15 January 2017.
Applications should include:
• A letter of motivation (maximum one page explaining why the candidate considers that he/she is in a position to contribute to CTA's activities and what he/she expects to gain from the internship. The date of earliest availability should be specified as well.);
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably in EUROPASS format, highlighting qualifications, experience and skills with regards to the position;
• A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
• Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.