CTA seeks to recruit an ICT4Ag Project Officer for ist Policies, Markets & ICT programme to ensure the successful delivery of activities.
1. About CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA’s envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
2. Background and purpose of the post
CTA works in the areas of youth entrepreneurship & enterprise development; increasing productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers through cutting-edge innovations; and building climate change resilience. These areas are delivered through agribusiness and value chains, ICT4Ag, and communication & knowledge management programmes.
The ICT4Ag programme focuses on identifying and promoting transformative information & communication technologies for use across the agricultural value chain for increased productivity, profitability and resilience. This is being achieved through i) support for young ICT4Ag entrepreneurs (including service providers) through business development services and incubation; ii) facilitating precision agriculture for smallholder farming through farmer profiling, big data analytics and its associated advisory services; iii) building market linkages and market intelligence systems by leveraging e-commerce platforms and geo-referencing for strengthening business engagements at all stages of the value chain; and iv) promoting climate resilience models for farmers through the power of big data.
The Project Officer, ICT4Ag will work closely with all team members as well as with colleagues in other programmes and administrative units within the Centre to ensure the successful delivery of activities.
3. Duties & responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, ICT4Ag, the incumbent will carry out the following administrative, technical and M&E tasks:
- Support budget implementation & financial reporting;
- Assist with the formulation and finalization of contracts;
- Assist with issuing commitments, processing payments and reporting to CTA Finance Unit.
- Liaison with project partners – on project administration and progress reports;
- Support the organization of workshops and other events;
- Assist with backstopping implementing partners in terms of the business development activities under the projects;
- Assist with documenting, synthesising and sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Assist with data collection, inputting and quality control;
- Liaise with the Learning, Monitoring & Evaluation unit of CTA and implementing partners to set up monitoring and reporting system.
- Carry out any other task that may be assigned by the Team Leader.
4. Academic qualifications, experience & skills
Education: Masters’ degree in agriculture, rural development, management, business administration or related discipline.
Work experience: at least 3 years’ relevant professional experience after having obtained the required degree.
Professional knowledge & skills:
- Demonstrated experience in project management;
- Excellent team player;
- Strong organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent analytical, synthesis report writing skills;
- Competence in the use of MS Office package especially PowerPoint and Excel;
- Strong inter-personal and (spoken & written) communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of English (spoken & written), and a working knowledge of French is desirable;
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work efficiently, be flexible and perform under pressure;
- Passionate about international development, the environment and related social justice issues.
5. Appointment and conditions of employment
Candidates must be nationals of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
The Project Officer, ICT4Ag will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year (with a 6 months’ probationary period, renewal subject to availability of funds).
- Gross annual income: € 33,876 mostly tax-free.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
6. How to apply **APPLICATIONS CLOSED**
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae );
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email: email@example.com
Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘Project Officer, ICT4Ag application’. Deadline for applications: 8 April 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. A written/oral test may be requested in addition to the interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.