This is one of a series of information sheets for people designing and implementing agricultural market information systems in Africa.
This sheet presents a useful way of planning your market information service. It is based on the business model canvas, developed by Osterwalder and Pigneur (2010). You need to work out the answers to nine questions, which are neatly arranged on the business model canvas.
Sheets in this series
- Introduction to agricultural market information systems
- Developing an agricultural market information system
- Identifying clients and planning services
- Deciding on your business model
- Choosing the right technology
- Choosing and working with partners
- Collecting data
- Data analysis and packaging
- Disseminating information to your clients
- Marketing your market information service
- Data: Ethical and legal issues
- Role of donors and NGOs