The masterclass is intended as a briefing to provide the audience with an overview of the following:
- An idea of the breadth of applications in use which impact agriculture in Africa.
- The potential positive and negative effects on smallholders.
- Some of the initiatives being undertaken to ensure inclusive developments.
- Highlight challenges, constraints and opportunities in blockchain applications for smallholder farmers.
- Show possible ways forward to best apply and influence blockchain developments in Africa.
Host: Mr. Benito Eliasi, Capacity Development Advisor, Southern African Confederation of Agricultural Unions (SACAU)
Moderator: Mr. Ken Lohento, Program Coordinator, ICT4Ag, CTA
- Mr. Henk van Cann, Co-Founder, Blockchain Workspace. “Overview of the Reality of Blockchain and Applications in Agriculture”
- Ms. Dorothy Rambim, Head of Department Computer Science Department, Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology (MMUST), Kenya. “Potential from a Developer: Application in Dairy Chain”.
- Mr. Bolaji Akinboro, Co-Founder/Director, Cellulant
- Mr. Emmanuel Noah, CEO, BenBen
- Director of Agriculture and Blockchain Technology, AB InBev