The goals and objectives of the workshop are to:
- Promote sustainable use of local food by the tourism industry through strengthened inter-sectoral policies.
- Promote linkages between the agri-food sector and the tourism industry to increase sustainable local sourcing through a developed agritourism policy in Grenada.
- Increase the understanding and awareness of the current deficiencies in the supply of produce along the value chain and the actions needed.
- Design inter-sectoral and inclusive policies which promote PPPs for improved local food use and consumption.
- Identify concrete projects that can be supported under the Intra ACP-EU funding.
- Contribute to the Caribbean regional agritourism strategy.