- Component 1: Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) - To build capacity among African enterprises in making effective and responsible use of UAS and to equip participants with the needed theoretical and practical knowledge to fully and responsibly utilise such systems and market their services.
- Component 2: Enterprise management - To analyse the structure and functioning of the participating enterprises and introduce delegates to the basics of enterprise management (i.e. financial planning, working capital management, governance, organisation structure, building culture and teams, anti-corruption procedures, etc.) and set the stepping stones for the planning of short to medium term actions aimed at improving business efficiency.
UAS Capacity Building, Enterprise Management and Business Development Workshop
Participants in the workshop will receive theoretical and or practical training in the following:
- UAS business development;
- Marketing of UAS advisory services;
- Remote Sensing for agronomic purposes;
- Drones’ governance, rules and regulations;
- Setting and surveying ground control points;
- Planning UAS operations;
- Operation of UAS and capturing imagery;
- Data processing using Agisoft PhotoScan Professional;
- Enterprise management aimed at business efficiency;
- Social media for marketing UAS services.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.