CTA, in collaboration ITU, will organise a dialogue on “Accelerating ICT for agriculture entrepreneurship to promote youth livelihoods and sustainable development”. The session will involve young agritech entrepreneurs from various countries, international business and government experts. It will help discuss how this emerging form of entrepreneurship can be further developed and supported, as an avenue to develop youth employment opportunities, innovations in the agri-food industry, and ensure food security. Issues to be discussed include the current status of ICT for agriculture entrepreneurship, examples from developing countries, strengthening business models, capacity building and investments needs, roles for supporting institutions (government, private sector and business stakeholders).
This session will also discuss some of the issues raised at the Plug and Play event organised the same day from 09:00 to 12:00. A new publication on ICT for agriculture entrepreneurship in developing countries will be presented and participants will win some copies.
- Learn more about the panel discussion on the ITU website
- Read the latest blog written by Peris Bosire, FarmDrive
- Read CTA's latest publication 'Innovate for Agriculture'. It presents a multi-dimensional picture of the evolving field of ICT entrepreneurship in agriculture in developing countries and describes challenges but also successes already achieved.
- Read the story of Yacouba Alfari, a young agri entrepreneur from Niger
- Follow CTA on Twitter @CTAFlash
- Follow the event with hashtags #WSIS2016 and #ICT4Ag