CTA is looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented individual as Administrative/Research Assistant in the Director’s Office.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international organisation of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries.
It promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder agricultural policies and strategies; facilitates access to information and knowledge; and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Partnership Agreement and is funded by the EU.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION
The Administrative/Research Assistant will provide support in the daily running of the Director’s Office and the Executive Board secretariat as well as undertake research support for the Director.
The incumbent, working under the supervision the Executive Assistant, will provide support services as follows.
- Administrative duties:
- Carry out general office duties which include processing of a wide variety of correspondence in both English and French.
- Assist in organising management meetings, prepare agenda, update action point list and prepare dossiers for meetings.
- Take minutes of various meetings as required.
- Handle internal and external communications.
- Maintain and manage Director’s contacts list.
- Make travel arrangements for the Director’s missions (visas, tickets, hotel reservations and mission expense claims).
- Provide logistic/administrative support for the Executive Board meetings.
- Make arrangements for high level visitors including programme, transport, catering, media coverage, document preparation.
- Other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
- Compile background data/information research to assist the Director in preparing papers and presentations.
- Liaise with programme staff to collect and organise information required for the Director's periodic reports.
- Assist in preparing PowerPoint presentations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Candidates must be nationals of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
- Candidates must have the right to work/be already in possession of a work permit in the Netherlands.
- Education: minimum a university level degree in agricultural sciences, business administration, communication or related field.
- Work experience: at least 2 years’ professional relevant experience after having obtained the required diploma. Professional related experience within EU or other international organisations would be a plus.
Professional knowledge & skills:
- Fluency in English or French and proven ability to work in the other language;
- Good inter-personal and communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced level MS Office;
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively against tight deadlines;
- Discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, to be flexible and client oriented;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and to perform under pressure;
- Knowledge or interest in development and/or agricultural issues and ACP/developing countries would be a plus.
APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The Administrative/Research Assistant will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Local contract for the duration of 12 months (renewable).
- Gross monthly salary full time base: € 2,700.
- Leave allowance, travel allowance and pension benefit.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format;
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email: HR3@cta.int. Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘Administrative/Research Assistant application’. Deadline for applications: 31 May 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. A written/oral test may be requested in addition to the interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.