CTA is looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented individual as Project Assistant to support the ICT team. The Project Assistant’s main duties will be to undertake administrative, financial and operational tasks for various projects. This vacancy announcement may be used to fill other similar positions within the Centre. Closing date for application: 7 May 2017
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international organisation of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food and nutritional security, increase prosperity and encourage sound natural resource management in ACP countries.
It facilitates access to information and knowledge; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder development of agricultural policies and strategies; promotes inclusive value chain development and use of ICTs, and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Partnership Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA builds on the coordinated effort of a team of professional staff for the implementation of its Global ICT for Agriculture (ICT4Ag) programme and for a number of other global and/or regional projects.
A) Project management and communication support:
- Undertake regular project monitoring and reporting in close interaction with partner organisations to ensure submission and processing of technical and financial reports;
- Assist with the preparation of project profiles, budget submissions and reports;
- Carry out desk research, as required, on key trends about ACP agriculture and rural development;
- Maintain and regularly update existing financial monitoring instruments;
- Contribute to the updating of project monitoring system;
- Support proactive communication and information flows using ICT tools.
B) Administrative support:
- Assist with budget preparation and monitor utilisation, prepare financial commitments and payment orders, verify invoices;
- Assist with market consultations and tenders;
- Carry out general office duties which include processing of a wide variety of correspondences in both English and French e.g. draft letters, memos, reports, contracts and agreements, PowerPoint presentations, file and archive correspondence and other documents;
- Take minutes of meetings;
- Make arrangements for meetings at the office and outside and manage agenda of programme staff;
- Liaise with service providers and take care of contracts;
- Day to day internal and external communications;
- Based on core areas of expertise, participate in ad hoc committees in support of CTA’s internal functioning.
C) Support to the organisation of events:
- Prepare, organize and support internal and external meetings, conferences and training workshops, including drafting of correspondence (invitation letters, memos), making travel arrangements (liaise with participants, hotels, travel agents and service providers), handling registrations, handling per diem payments, preparing meeting folders, list of participants, evaluation forms and other related activities.
- Education: minimum a post-secondary diploma (diploma of intermediate vocational education, of higher education or Bachelor’s degree) in business administration, international development, or related field.
- Work experience: at least 2 years’ professional relevant experience after having obtained the required diploma. Professional related experience within EU or other international organisations would be a plus.
- Professional knowledge & skills:
- Experience in providing administrative/project management support;
- Contract administration, including contacts with internal & external clients and services providers, would be an asset;
- Fluency in English or French and proven ability to work in the other language;
- Good interpersonal and written and spoken communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced level MS Office applications (in particular Excel), and use of cloud-based collaborative spaces (e.g. SharePoint, DropBox, MangoApps, etc).
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, to be flexible and client-oriented;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and to perform under pressure;
- Passionate about international development, environment and related social justice issues.
Candidates must be nationals of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp - and the European Union Member States).
Candidates must have the right to work/be already in possession of a work permit in the Netherlands.
The Project Assistants will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Local contract for the duration of 12 months (renewable).
- Gross monthly salary: € 2,636 (grade L3).
- Leave allowance, travel allowance and pension benefit.
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae );
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email: HR4@cta.int Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘Project Assistants application’. Deadline for applications: 7 May 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. A written/oral test may be requested in addition to the interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.