CTA is looking for a highly motivated and result-oriented individual as project assistant. The project assistant’s main duties will be to undertake administrative, financial and operational tasks for various projects.
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international organisation of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture.
CTA operates under the framework of the ACP-EU partnership agreement, currently the Cotonou Agreement. CTA is funded by the EU through two types of grants (annual operating grants and action grants). Other donors also fund CTA projects in the field.
Duties & responsibilities
Project management and communication support:
- Undertake regular project monitoring and reporting in close interaction with partner organisations to ensure submission and processing of technical and financial reports;
- Assist with the preparation of project profiles, budget submissions and reports;
- Carry out desk research, as required, on key trends about ACP agriculture and rural development;
- Maintain and regularly update existing financial monitoring instruments;
- Contribute to the updating of project monitoring system;
- Support proactive communication and information flows using ICT tools.
- Assist with budget preparation and monitor utilisation, prepare financial commitments and payment orders, verify invoices;
- Assist with market consultations and tenders;
- Carry out general office duties which include processing of a wide variety of correspondences in both English and French e.g. draft letters, memos, reports, contracts and agreements, Power Point presentations, file and archive correspondence and other documents;
- Take minutes of meetings;
- Make arrangements for meetings at the office and outside and manage agenda of programme staff;
- Liaise with service providers and take care of contracts;
- Day to day internal and external communications;
- Based on core areas of expertise, participate in ad hoc committees in support of CTA’s internal functioning.
Support to the organisation of events:
- Prepare, organise and support internal and external meetings, conferences and training workshops, including drafting of correspondence (invitation letters, memos), making travel arrangements (liaise with participants, hotels, travel agents and service providers), handling registrations, handling per diem payments, preparing meeting folders, list of participants, evaluation forms and other related activities.
Educational qualifications, experience & skills
- Education: minimum a post-secondary diploma (diploma of intermediate vocational education, of higher education or Bachelor’s degree) in business administration, international development, or related field.
- Work experience: at least 2 years’ professional relevant experience after having obtained the required diploma. Professional related experience within EU or other international organisations would be a plus.
- Professional knowledge & skills:
- Experience in providing administrative/project management support;
- Contract administration, including contacts with internal & external clients and services providers would be an asset;
- Fluency in English or French and proven ability to work in the other language;
- Good inter-personal and written and spoken communication skills;
- Excellent IT skills, including advanced level MS Office applications (in particular Excel), and use of cloud-based collaborative spaces (e.g. SharePoint, Drop Box, MangoApps, etc.).
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Attention to details;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, to be flexible and client oriented;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and to perform under pressure;
- Passionate about international development, environment and related social justice issues.
Appointment and conditions of employment
Candidates must be nationals of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
Candidates must have the right to work/be already in possession of a work permit in the Netherlands.
The project assistant will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon recommendation of the selection committee.
- Local contract of definite duration.
- Gross monthly salary: € 2,811. Grade L3.
- Leave allowance, travel allowance and pension benefit.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page);
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format;
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
Applications submitted by email should be sent to Christèle Coutureau, Human Resources Officer. Email: HR4@cta.int. Please indicate in the subject of the email the title ‘Project Assistant application’.
Deadline for applications: 29 May 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. A written/oral test may be requested in addition to the interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.