CTA seeks to recruit a highly motivated project coordinator. The position falls under the CTA's Policies, Markets and ICTs (PMI) Programme. The successful candidate will work closely with other programme staff, and report directly to the Senior Programme Coordinator overseeing the implementation of the project. He/she will also interact with other CTA programme and administrative staff.
Position: Project Coordinator within the Policies, Markets and ICTs Programme
Starting date: as soon as possible
Status: International staff
Type of contract: short-term (2 years), category Auxiliary staff, level 3B
Location: Wageningen, the Netherlands
Closing date for application: 24 March 2017 (or until the position is filled)
1. About CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture.
CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
2. Background of the post
CTA works in the areas of food and nutrition security, climate change and agriculture, regional trade and markets, and use of ICTs and knowledge management in advancing agricultural and rural development.
CTA is the lead on the capacity development component of the GODAN Action Project, a three and a half year programme launched by the UK's Department for International Development. The project aims to contribute to increased farmers' yields, improved nutrition for consumers and better evidence based policy making.
3. Duties & responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Programme Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Supervision of day-to-day activities of the GODAN action project working on capacity development;
- Supervision of grant and service contracts within the context of the project;
- Liaise with the project's partners team on project administration;
- Oversee budget implementation & financial reporting;
- Contribute to content development and publishing online mainly through CTA communication channels;
- Oversee the organisation of workshops and other events that are part of the project;
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and reporting of technical and policy workshops and other fora as appropriate;
- Management and facilitation of the GODAN Working Group on Capacity Development;
- Support with Monitoring & Evaluation of the project;
- Supervision of consultants and of trainees (from time to time);
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Senior Programme Coordinator.
4. Qualifications and experience required
Masters' degree in agriculture and rural development, information, communication and knowledge management, extension and advisory services or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years post-qualification professional experience in areas related to the post;
- Demonstrated experience in project management;
- Demonstrated experience in working/interacting with international organisations.
Professional knowledge & skills:
- Knowledge of data management and/or capacity development;
- Strong organisational and planning skills;
- Excellent analytical and synthesis skills;
- Ability to build team synergy and work with a team;
- Strong interpersonal and (spoken & written) communication skills;
- Thorough knowledge of (spoken & written) English, and a working knowledge of French;
- Ability to work in an international and multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to work efficiently, be flexible and perform under pressure;
- Willingness to travel;
- Passionate about international development, the environment and related social justice issues.
5. Appointment and conditions of employment
The applicants must be a national of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States and the European Union Member States).
The Project Coordinator will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon the recommendation of a Selection Committee.
- Duration of the contract: 2 years (with a 6 months' probationary period and renewable to cover the remaining project duration).
- Gross annual income: € 45.396,- mostly tax-free.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
6. How to apply
Interested candidates are required to send their application via email or mail to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the 'Subject' of the email the title 'Project Coordinator PMI'. Deadline for applications: 24 March 2017.
Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation;
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae, preferably EUROPASS format;
- A copy of the highest diploma/degree, as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. A written/oral test may be requested in addition to the interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.