CTA seeks to recruit a highly motivated and results-oriented individual as Web Content Manager to oversee the development and publishing of well-targeted content for its corporate and programmatic websites. The overall purpose of the post is to manage timely and quality delivery of content via CTA’s online corporate and thematic websites and social media accounts to reach its target audiences.
1. About CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international institution of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture.
It promotes inclusive value chain development; supports evidence-based, multi-stakeholder agricultural policies and strategies; facilitates access to information and knowledge; and strengthens the capacities of agricultural and rural development institutions and communities. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Partnership Agreement and is funded by the EU.
2. Background and purpose of the post
The Associate Programme Coordinator – Web Content Management works within the Communications Team. He/she reports to the Programme Coordinator Communication and Marketing. He/she works closely with the staff responsible for communications, marketing and social media as well as programme staff and external partners providing technical content.
3. Duties & Responsibilities
The incumbent will contribute to the successful implementation of CTA’s communication and marketing strategy. He/she will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Plan and schedule production of content for CTA’s corporate website and thematic portals based on communication and marketing priorities, using an editorial calendar (set deadlines, formats and channels);
- Manage workflows and content in all formats (text, image, artwork, video and other forms of media) using appropriate tools (CMS, Trello dashboard), ensure information is properly stored, tagged, posted and archived;
- In accordance with agreed priorities, edit or commission content based on background material provided by programme specialists; arrange translation of content from English to French or vice versa, as required;
- Write, edit and proofread additional content as needed (e.g. headlines, summaries, captions) and ensure overall quality control of content in all formats;
- Using the available publishing tool, prepare and post engaging and eye-catching content as well as additional resources and suggestions for further reading;
- Monitor consumption and user engagement, develop content A/B tests based on metrics segmentation and respond to website feedback;
- Stay up-to-date with trends and new ideas to drive content conversion and engagement;
- Ensure brand consistency and compliance of CTA web presence; ensure legal compliance (e.g. copyright and data protection);
- Create and update content governance guidelines (including workflows and processes) to improve efficiency and ensure consistency of CTA's online communication; apply guidelines and support and monitor their implementation.
4. Qualifications, experience and skills required
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Journalism, Information Systems or any other related field.
- Work experience:
- A minimum of 5-year post-qualification professional experience in web/online content management.
- Demonstrated experience in content planning and scheduling for multichannel communications.
- Professional knowledge & skills:
- · Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with search engine optimisation/marketing and web analytics.
- Familiarity with website legal compliance and requirements is an asset.
- Familiarity with usability research and usability testing is an asset.
- Great attention to detail, highly organised and performing well under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in a team: excellent interpersonal skills, respect for and appreciation of other perspectives and cultures
- Working knowledge of HTML, CMS, Photoshop and Google Analytics
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and satisfactory command of the other language.
- Awareness of development issues.
The applicant must be a national of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp - and the European Union Member States).
5. Appointment and conditions of employment
The Associate Programme Coordinator – Web Content Management will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Duration of the contract: 2 years (renewal possible) with a 6 months’ probationary period.
- Gross annual income: € 59,000 mostly tax-free.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
6. How to apply
Interested candidates having the relevant qualifications and experience stated in section 4, are required to send the documents listed below via email to Pascal Deleu, Human Resources Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in the ‘Subject' of the email the title ‘Web Content Management – Application' Deadline for applications: 23 April 2017.
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page);
- An up-to-date CV, preferably in EUROPASS format, including references to websites in which the applicant had responsibilities for content management.
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as eventual training certificates strictly related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
- Two letters of recommendation and/or references.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer. Women are particularly encouraged to apply.