The 6th German-African Agribusiness Forum is being held in the course of the 85th International Green Week (IGW), under the patronage of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
6th German-African Agribusiness Forum
Benjamin K. Addom, Team Leader, ICT for Agriculture, is part of the working group on "Leveraging digital transformation in order to unlock Africa's agri-food potential". The working group covers the following topics:
- What are some of the D4Ag models that bring together benefits for agribusinesses as well as smallholder farmers?
- How can enterprises offer greater support in geographies that have historically attracted less investment but enjoying strong enabling environments?
- How can D4Ag enterprises be incentivised to target marginalised segments, especially women, who are systematically left behind?
- How can lower-income farmers gain access to such services? How shall this upscaled infrastructure be financed?
- Can costs be reduced in the long-term by using digital technologies? Do the investments pay off?
- Does the usage of such modernised equipment implicate labour replacement and the re-education of farmers?