CTA seeks to recruit an highly motivated professional with research, communication and knowledge management skills for the Pacific Islands Food Systems Project.
1. ABOUT CTA
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) is a joint international organization of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States and the European Union (EU). Its mission is to advance food security, resilience and inclusive economic growth in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific through innovations in sustainable agriculture. CTA operates under the framework of the Cotonou Agreement and is funded by the EU.
CTA envisions agriculture in ACP countries as a vibrant, modern and sustainable business that creates value for smallholder farmers, entrepreneurs, youth and women, and produces affordable, nutritious and healthy food for all.
2. BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE POST
CTA is implementing the project “Leveraging the Development of Local Food Crops and Fisheries Value Chains for Improved Nutrition and Sustainable Food Systems in the Pacific Islands”, with co-funding from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). The Pacific Islands Private Sector Organisation (PIPSO) is a partner. With respect to this project, we now have an opportunity for a young highly motivated professional with research, communication and knowledge management skills who can work independently as well as within a team.
3. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance and supervision of the PMI Senior Programme Coordinator in charge of the IFAD/CTA Pacific project, the Junior Researcher is expected to provide technical and administrative support in the overall implementation of project activities, with specific attention to the following:
- Conduct research on technical issues for the preparation of technical background papers, terms of reference, policy briefs, concept notes and other knowledge products and source up-to-date material on key thematic issues for updating the Innov4AgPacific Project website.
- Assist with the review, editing and synthesis of technical reports and liaise with CTA and IFAD publications units to ensure the timely production and dissemination of quality documents generated through the Project.
- Actively follow-up the implementation of the Project Communication and Knowledge Management plans and report on progress.
- Manage the content on the Project website and social media accounts as well as formulate and post updates and share with relevant personnel for wider dissemination through CTA and IFAD websites as well as websites of key target beneficiaries.
- Actively follow-up the implementation of the VCC/AI platform including liaising with national facilitators, coordinating d-group discussions and providing status reports.
- Undertake other administrative and technical support including assisting in the organisation of project-related events and other activities as needed.
4. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Education: Masters’ degree in agriculture or related discipline.
Work experience: at least 2 years’ relevant professional experience (after having obtained the required degree) preferably in project research, communication and knowledge management.
Professional knowledge & skills:
- Demonstrated experience in research and project;
- Experience with managing WordPress systems and d-group platforms;
- Strong written and spoken communication skills;
- Fluency in English or French and working knowledge of the other;
- Good organizational, interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Passionate about agricultural and rural development, international development and cooperation, environment and related social justice issues;
- Knowledge of and experience in working with actors in the Pacific Islands agricultural and value chain sectors is a plus.
5. APPOINTMENT AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The candidate must be a national of one of the ACP or EU States signatory to the Cotonou Agreement (79 African, Caribbean and Pacific States – http://www.acp.int/content/secretariat-acp - and the European Union Member States).
The Junior Technical Officer will be appointed by the Director of the CTA upon the recommendation of the Selection Committee.
- Type of contract: short term, category auxiliary staff, level 3C.
- Duration of the contract: until end February 2020 (with a 6 months’ probationary period).
- Gross annual income: € 33,876 mostly tax-free.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
6. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates having the relevant qualifications and experience stated in section 4, are required to send the documents listed below via email to the Human Resources Officer at email@example.com
- A letter of motivation (maximum one page);
- An up-to-date CV, preferably EUROPASS format (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae);
- Copies of the highest diploma/degree as well as training certificates related to the position. Original documents are to be presented once a candidate is selected.
Please indicate in the “Subject” of the email the title ‘Junior Technical Officer – Pacific Food Systems project’. Deadline for applications: 7 September 2018.
CTA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply.